So the surgery was fine. I woke up with a sore throat and lots of cramps, but a little morphine helped that :) Jeff did a pretty good job with reporting what the Dr. said. Basically they found three things (here come the crazy pictures)
1. They found Stage 2 (mild) endometriosis on my ovary (it's the little black spot).
2. They also found that my bowel was laying on top of my left ovary and fallopian tube, so they moved it. The arrow is pointing to the ovary and tube underneath.
3. There was also some type of "finger like" growth on my right fallopian tube that was removed (sorry, no pictures of this).
4. When they flushed out the tubes, they saw that my right side had a section that ballooned out. I think he said that he believes it's just how I was born, but it wasn't a problem (this is the part of the discussion that Jeff cannot seem to remember!)
When the Dr. came to talk to me, he said that these were 3 small problems, but when combined, probably played a large role in our difficulties. He also said that he was encouraged.
My recovery hasn't been horrible. It would have been a lot better had someone told me not to take all 3 of my metformin pills at the same time until I work my way back up. So that made me pretty sick, but I'm better now. Gaining more energy each day and feeling less and less sore. We will start another round of treatments soon!
Thanks for the update. And as a visual person the pictures really helped.
ReplyDeleteBy the way multiply that black dot by about 5000 and you will know what mine was.
Hope you get feeling better real soon.
glad to hear that the doctor was encouraged...that is great news :) Hope you get back to feeling 100% soon :) HUGZ
ReplyDelete